Wednesday 11 September 2013

Day 74: Mduku Clinic to KwaMbonambi

I thanked the staff the next morning and I also said goodbye to Mrs Gumede who was now on shift and carried on.
Sister Gumede. The chiefs wife.
So long people and thanks again.
My first majot stop was the lekker sounding town of Hluhluwe. It was there I treated myself to some Steers veggie burgers. I think it was the wacky Wednesday special. The one burger couldn’t get in my stomach quick enough while I saved the other for lunch later. Feeling more energized I headed off and was now back on the N2. It was fairly easy riding and also fairly safe thanks to the wide shoulder so not much to write about. I was back in the area of renewable forests and part of me wanted to camp in those things once again but I kept pushing.

Yeah, downhill!!!


Mtubatuba maybe?

Eventually I arrived in KwaMbonambi and decided to try the police again. On the way I saw a place that had a security hut and I asked the guard if I could just camp here. He said no but luckily there was a man returning home from some shopping so I asked if I could camp in his garden. He said yes. So I followed him to his house which was on a large area I think owned and controlled by Sappi. All the residents here I think worked in some way or another for Sappi too.

Once at his place I met his wife and a wide variety of animals including two of the most energetic boerbull x rottweilers I have ever seen. I was also told I could sleep in the guest bedroom if I wanted. Yes please. Thank you so much. After a solid homecooked dinner and a solid bath and a lekker chat with my hosts I headed off for bed.

Distance 100kms

No comments:

Post a Comment