Saturday 7 September 2013

Day 67: SOS Children’s Village

It was pretty chilly when I arrived at the Childrens village the next day and after a second little breakfast I eventually met the director of this branch. She welcomed me and made it official someway and she was a very pleasant lady to speak with.
The only decent pic I got fom the taxi ride back to SOS.
Still early morning.

I was then assigned to help Mr. Sanele with anything that needed helping with. He did most of the work to be honest and it was around this time that I felt I wasn’t really being of much help other than just seeing what was happening here. This is why I realized it was important to have called first as was also told to me later. I also went with him into town for him to get some stuff which gave me a chance to walk through Siteki. It was pretty busy in the one area as I think a lot of pensioners were collecting their pension money. Then we went back and it was time again to sort out where I would be staying. I could have easily stayed at the same house I did last night but Thembisile wasn’t coming into work tomorrow. I was then given permission to stay in the one guest house they have on the premises. So I said cheers to everyone as they headed off home for the day. After I settled my stuff in the house I wandered outside and had a fun chat with 3 of the house mothers. It was great talking to them and we made each other laugh. I also knew I hadn’t actually spoken much with the foreign girls as we were all busy doing out own thing so I let them know I was staying in the guest house. They came around later with the son of the guest mother they were staying with. It was cool talking to them a bit and hearing their perspective of things and such. They left then I was into bed.
Me and Thembisile.
Can't have enough of these.
3 of the house mothers. Was so much fun talking to them.
Distance 0kms

No comments:

Post a Comment