Wednesday 11 September 2013

Day 72: Ponta Do Oura, Mozambique to eMangusi, South Africa. The start of the fourth and final section back to Cape Town.

To remedy my slight hangover which was nowhere near as bad as the Springbok from hell episode, I woke up early for breakfast with two cups of coffee. Seemed to do the trick. It was a beautiful day and I wasn’t planning on wasting it, especially one where there is a whole beach next to me. So I headed out to the beach and decided to walk around the rock face on the left hand side section. Once around, the beach just opened up completely. Long long stretches of coastline and it was amazing. I walked for a few kilometers before stopping and taking a swim. It was even more awesome than the day before with good a decent enough shore break to do some body surfing in. I found out later I probably walked far enough so that I was back in South Africa for a moment.
Gonna let the pics do the talking on this one.






Around the corner and the beach opens up.


Definitely need a tan.


I got back and hand a soda with Tyla and the 3 Durban guys from last night. I quickly had something to eat before joining them again on the beach as they wanted to do some last minute snorkeling. It was now time to go, so after packing we said cheers to Tyla and the four of us were heading back to South Africa. Indeed all roads do lead to Ponta as I find out when I saw a 4x4 here and there make their own tracks across the dunes. We were back in SA just after 3pm and I said cheers to the guys. I thought that if I got back to the border around 5pmish Id just camp here but since I still had some time I decided to push on, seeing as I had a total of 44kms of backtracking to do so I might as well just get it over with.
Second best thing about this pic is the absence of RnRs.
Campsite lizard
All roads lead to Ponta. Where all roads feel off road.
Cheers Durbanites.
Lekker lekker.
There was no ways I'd do all the 44kms now so I just called it a day at the police station in eMangusi. Took a little while for them to give me the go ahead but I was glad once they did. Looking back I was glad to have popped into Mozambique as it was awesome to have swum in the ocean again and to meet some fun people. Plus it was a good time to do this trip as my passport was gonna expire end of July.

Distance

No comments:

Post a Comment