Monday 2 September 2013

Day 46: Maastroom to Alldays

Mr Grobbelaar. Cheers for the soda float. Starting to look pretty thin I think.

Said cheers to the Grobbelaars at their store who wished me well. He said if ever I needed work when I’m done riding around the country, he has plenty of work and could give me a broom right now if I wanted. He was an interesting guy and it was fun to have met him.
I think I got closer to those peaks the next day.
Double D you say. Mere filler this photo.
Nothing special about the 75km ride to Alldays. I was told to stay at a place called ‘At se Gat’ by the farmer I met in Tom Burke. Tell em I sent you he said. The owner will either invite you as a legend or kick you out. Sounds interesting. So after buy some supplies at the local shop at the garage I headed off to At se Gat which was conveniently just off the road I would carry on tomorrow heading northwards.
Arriving at Alldays.
At se Gat was a decent place. (never thought I'd type those words ;P) Owner sorted me out quickly. I had set up camp under a wasps nest before I knew it but left it there anyways. Some children came over and were interested in what I was doing so I filled em it before they had to bounce. Apparently it was party night at the bar so I was told not to expect a quite night. So after dinner I headed out to the bar for a drink where there were only a handful of people. I had an early night seeing as I was riding again tomorrow.
Got to camp under a wasp nest for protection. First rule when camping.
Distance 75kms

No comments:

Post a Comment