Tuesday 17 September 2013

Day 122: George to Farm house.

There was heavy cloud cover with rain expected today. I was waiting to have breakfast before making my decision to leave and there was a lekker chill in the air. Once I got dressed and was warm enough, I decided to push on after saying goodbye to my aunt.

It was easy getting back onto the N2 and it turned out to be a beautiful day to ride.  Lots of scattered clouds with no rain. A little nippy in the air but nothing my jacket and gloves couldn’t handle. Yeah!!! Rode past Groot and Klein brak river which were nice looking places before riding past Mosselbay.  The road then opened up into veld and then some fields with flowers. 
Cheers Aunty Riekie.


Lekker day for riding.


Cool house at one of the brak rivers.

Mosselbay.

Rest up Giant.


Bees be loving these.



I got permission to camp outside this one house which was situated on a farm. Once my tent was up I was also given a mattress which I was glad for plus a lekker cup of coffee. I was then asked if I wouldn’t want to just stay inside and sleep on the floor in front of the fire place as the weather was looking to turn quite nasty. Of course I wouldn’t mind. So I took the mattress out and packed up my things before heading inside.

Rest at last. But it tuned out even better.
My hosts for my stay were the lovely Elmarie Grobler, her three children and her mom with Elmarie’s husband being away at work for the moment. He was in the calamari fishing business so he was out at sea somewhere past Mossel Bay if I remember correctly. And they had also started a bakkie custom canopy business which I would see more of tomorrow. They were a wonderful family and I was glad to be staying inside where it was warm and dry. My sleep was less than pleasant as I had a runny stomach again. I guess my aunt in George was right in that I shouldn’t have taken the water from the tap.

Distance 80kms

No comments:

Post a Comment