Friday 30 August 2013

Day 37: Farm house to Tsidilamolomo

I was now on a mission to reach the fun pronouncing town of Tsidilamolomo. The main reason was that the gravel road I had been on for the past 9 days would come to an end. Holy hell, I thought it would never end. I was also chuffed as this entire section since Askham had turned out fairly pleasant and my good decision to go north from Upington was further reinforced.
Goodbye Mundy and Margaret.
Lets get this over with!!
A refreshing Brutal Fruit thanks to some passing hunters. Beats beer on a day like this anytime.
I arrived in the small to medium sized town of Tsidilamolomo shortly after passing the Setlagole river bed and headed to the police station. I asked if I could stay on the front lawn of the police station(it was quite big to be honest) and I was taken to the Captain. She had no problem with letting me stay but I would need the local chief’s permission first. Not police chief but tribal chief. This sounded interesting and I was now eager to meet him and ask for that permission. So I jumped into police van again and we headed off to where it was thought he was working. He wasn’t there. We then headed back to the police station. The word reached him shortly enough and I was given permission to stay and ground with where to pitch my tent. I spoke with some of the officers on duty who were all very friendly and inquisitive as to my journey and it was great talking to them. Then supper then sleep, which it turned out to be quite a cold one.
Setlagole river bed.
Setlagole river bridge.
Skulking in the bushes.
With permission.
Distance 60kms

No comments:

Post a Comment